Cávado Valley
Map of the Municipality
Map of the Village
Home The Region Municipalities Leisure Tradition Eating out? Sleeping out?

Edified Heritage


Paço do Município: building that houses the City Hall. São João Baptista do Mosteiro Parish Church: dates from the 17th-18th century and contemplates various architectural styles, namely mannerist, baroque and rococo. Lamas House: emblematic building owned by the City Hall. It’s an old manor house located at the town’s centre whose architectonic design motivated interest to be listed as building of public interest. It currently houses the Casa Museu Adelino Ângelo (a townhouse museum). Castelo Mountain (fortified settlement), Agra Romanesque Bridge, Celeirô Pillory (IIP) and the House of Professor Carlos Teixeira, all in Rossas. Zebral Rupestrian Inscriptions, Pillory (probable 16th century construction) and Mizarela Bridge (IIP, the legend of this one arc bridge says that it was built by the devil), are all located in Ruivães. Nossa Senhora da Fé Chapel: or of Santa Cecília Mountain. Late 18th century construction and Cantelães Parish Church: the current building has 19th century characteristics, but also sustains traces of the primitive romanesque church. Both can be found in the same parish. Nossa Senhora da Orada Chapel: in Pinheiro, in its interior, we can find two lateral altars dedicated to the Lady of Fatima and the Lady of the Guadalupe, and in the background, a retable that dates from the 17th century. Nossa Senhora da Lapa Chapel: located on the hill of Penamourinho in Soutelo, was built in 1694 and stands out for its originality, once it was built inside a rock. Calvelos Chapel: 18th century construction, rebuilt during the eighties, in the 20th century, in Soengas. Cibrão House Chapel and S. Miguel House and Chapel: both are from the 18th century and Caniçada Pillory (what was left of the old pillory was reconstructed during the second half of the 20th century), all are located in Caniçada. Parada de Bouro Pillory (IIP, transformed into a procession stone cross) and Boco Bridge (built in 1908, it was the first bridge to be erected in reinforced concrete in the District of Braga): both in Parada de Bouro. Pértega Bridge (medieval bridge with a single arc) and Olive Press (more than 300 years old, recently recovered in order to keep alive the memories of ancient traditional olive oil production), both in Vilarchão. Community ovens: in the villages of Campos and Lamalonga, they date from the 1st quarter of the 20th century and were recovered in the 1990s.


the news
in your e-mail
Minho Valley Lima Valley Cávado Valley Ave Valley
Contacts | Site Map
Copyright © 2008 A Nossa Terra. All rights reserved Developed by:Direnor