Cávado Valley
Map of the Municipality
Map of the City
Braga Today
History Review
Historical Centre Circuit (Pedestrian)
City Edified Heritage
Home The Region Municipalities Leisure Tradition Eating out? Sleeping out?

Municipality Edified Heritage


The (Football) Stadium of 1.º de Maio: IIP, built in 1950. Santa Marta das Cortiças Archaeological Station: IIP, in Esporões. Monte da Consolação Fortification: IIP, in Nogueiró. Fortified settlement from the Iron Age/Roman era. Tibães Monastery: IIP, old Benedictine monastery; the entire set, which includes the church, towers and hedge, dates back to the 18th century; Tibães Stone Cross: MN, 17th century construction, both situated in Mire de Tibães. Bom Jesus do Monte Sanctuary: IIP, in Tenões. A collection constituted by the Sanctuary, staircase, chapels and portico. The actual Sanctuary, concluded in 1784, was established on a place where, in 1494 a small chapel was erected and then rebuilt in the 16th century. Santa Eulália Church: IIP, in Tenões. Small romanesque temple, with a split arched gate. São Salvador Church: IIP; The original romanesque temple endured profound changes in the 18th century; S. Brás da Torre Manor House: IIP, both situated in the parish of Figueiredo. S. Frutuoso Chapel: MN, in Real. It is a one of a kind example of roman-byzantine art in Portugal. It was constructed between the years 650 and 665, with the name S. Salvador de Montélios. It was probably rebuilt during the 10th or 11th century. Monumental Complex of the Seven Springs: MN, in the parish of S. Victor. Setes Fontes is a water supply system for the city of Braga. It was built by order of the Archbishop Dom José de Bragança and dates from the 18th century.


the news
in your e-mail
Minho Valley Lima Valley Cávado Valley Ave Valley
Contacts | Site Map
Copyright © 2008 A Nossa Terra. All rights reserved Developed by:Direnor